Tuesday, February 08, 2005

On my way to work...


I wake up on the ferry ride to work and realize it has been diverted to another city rather than Seattle. I get very anxious...I need to get to work, clients to talk to, reports to write, things to do. I look outside of the car and see other passengers pacing round, looking anxious as well, talking to the ferry crew, trying to figure out how to get the boat back on course. Just as I am about to get out of the car to get involved with fixing the situation...I wake up. I am still in my car, on the ferry, almost to Seattle, the sun about to rise, just like any other day. All I want to do is close my eyes, lay my head back on the pillow, and sleep for a few more hours. Bet the guy in the car behind me would get irritated, maybe even honk at me. One of the ferry crewmen would come up and bang on my window to wake me up. All the other people in the remaining cars would be staring, shaking their fists or maybe even chuckling under their breath. Guess I have to wake up, go to work, start another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home